Monday 3 January 2011

Task 5

Intro- The introduction will be explaining my coursework title which is, 'How and why are ideologies about Black males constructed in R&B Music videos such as Drakes Find your love and JLS Everybody in love. What is the effect of these ideologies on the audience?' Also within the introduction I will speak about, why I decided to study Black males and what is so interesting about the development of the R&B music videos.

Paragraph 1 – A general overview of Black Males in society and how they are portrayed by the media.
This is essential for me to include as one of my main points in my essay because it is background information of my critical investigation. Also I will talk about how it has been integrated in the R&B music videos.

Paragraph 2 – I will be exploring one of my main texts which is Drake's Find your love video, and I will be analysing how black males are constructed in the videos, which is shown to be negative as gang culture is being represented, I will also be explaining how the hip hop scene influenced the r&b genre by introducing more of a negative narrative. Also in this paragraph I will be looking at key theories and quotes which is included in my research.

Paragraph 3 -
This paragraph will focus on my second text which is JLS everybody in love and I will be comparing it to the drake video. This is essential for my essay as it will show the contrasts of how black males are portrayed in R&B music videos. I will then use my web research which explains the negativity of black males and explain how JLS Everybody In Love video contradicts certain views such as 'black males have a lack of role models'.

Paragraph 4- Historical
This paragraph will explain the historical side of the R&B genre, as I will be looking at the Boys II men end of the road Video, and I will be explaining how the genre has changed and what is still similar in today's society and what is different. Also I will be seeing how the construction of black males have evolved e.g. not as romantic as they use to be. I will then explaining why the more mainstream R&B genre has become the more it follows the mass media representation of black males.

Paragraph 5- What effect do these ideologies have on the audience
This paragraph will be focusing on how the audience have been effected by the construction of black males in r&b music videos. I will also look at how the audience have changed for example there are now more males attracted to the R&B genre due the adoption of hip hop narratives being involved and also how black males construction has changed in the media. However I will be referring to audience theories throughout my essay

Conclusion- In the conclusion I have decided to some up my key points and then draw an end to the debate which I have been carrying out throughout the essay and decide what my final judgement will be and answering what effects these ideologies have had on the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment